To remove the used cutting blades, two spherical clamp screws M6 (8) have to be released. The steps for the fitting of the fixing plate (4), which is part of the standard tools delivered with every slitter, are:
- Remove the plastic plate cover, 4 screws M5.
- Turn the cutter shaft (7) which is fitted to the drive motor (1) with the special tool (3) until the blade (2) is in the horizontal cutting position.
- Secure the direct driven cutter shaft (7) in this position with a fixing plate (4) against twisting. The fitting of the fixing plate (4) is done with 2 M5 screws which were used on the plastic plate cover.
- Release the clamp nut (6) of the not driven cutter shaft (9) with the special tool (3) and the point opening socket wrench (5).
Use the same wrench (5) on the clamp nut (6) beside the drive motor (1). Turn clockwise = to grip
Turn counterclockwise = to release
- Tum the released cutter shaft (9) until the blades are nearly close together. Place a small piece of 0,02 mm tape between the blades. Turn the cutter shaft (9) until the tape is tide between the blades.
- In this position, the clamp nut (6) of the cutter shaft (9) should be tied up with the special tool (3) and the point opening socket wrench (5).
- Take away the tape and check if the cutter blades do not tuch each other. Turn with the special tool (3), in the correct direction, with the motor driven cutter shaft (7). The ahead running blades should be in this cutter shaft
During the assembly of the new cutter blades (2) check that the ahead running blade is on the motor driven cutter shaft (7). See picture no. 3
Nobody should start the unit during the set up. The emergency button should be pressed down, the key – operated switch taken away from the slitter.
Non-compliance of this instruction will cause cutter blade damage or blocking of shafts.