How to change the copper wire from 1.38 to 1.24 mm?
Copper wire change from 1.38 to 1.24:
- Before you change to the smaller copper wire, measure the wire elongation, main welding current and welding pressure and make a note.
- Make sure that the burrs on the tin-plates are well, try to minimize (damage of copper wire!).
- Leave both pressures on the air regulators (wire tension) as they are. 1.8 bar for the profiling unit, and 3 bar for the wire chopper.
- A new groove profile for welding rollers are necessary:
Width 1.80mm, depth 0.30mm. We offer the correct regrooving tool!
- Profile of copper wire: 1.75 +0.02/ -0.02
- Reduce the distance (gap) between the transport rings of the wire chopper from 0.35 to 0.25mm.
- Check and adjust the nosepiece height with the delivered carbide gauge plate (in the black tool box)
- Measure the wire elongation after change to 1.24mm copper wire, main welding current, welding pressure and compare with results before! Wire elongation might be slightly greater, but within 2%, no problem.