How to reset the calibration crown of the X8?
- Take off the crown and mount the setting mandrel.
If the mandrel does not fit, first move the accordant diabolo rollers a bit out of the crown center!
- Adjust now the top 2 diabolo rollers first.
- Reset the top diabolo roller first. Only the center of the diabolo roller must touch the mandrel!
- Now reset the other diabolo rollers. Only the center of the diabolo roller must touch the mandrel!
- Take care, that the clearance between all diabolo roller ends are equal.
- Make sure that the gap between both roller ends is as small as possible, with other words, move them towards the “welding center”.
- Make sure that all spring tensioned pre-calibration rollers are touching the mandrel and have a preload of about 0.2 – 0.5 mm!
no gauge available except operators sense.
- The top pre-calibration rollers shall touch the mandrel or have a clearance of max. 0.5 mm!
- After you mounted the calibration crown back into the welder, make sure that the level of the crown is parallel to the bottom plate. Measure the distance left and right with a rule, and set the height left and right within 1 mm.
Read also this checklist here.