Canbody transport motor doesn’t move correctly to the reference position, stops or suddenly changes the direction of rotation. Display of servo controller U7 shows „IMax“ or „P03 trip“.
Possible Causes & Resolutions:
- Mechanical condition of canbody transport motor: Turn it by hand and check that everything runs smoothly.
- Resolver mounting: Is firmly connected to the motor shaft?
- Resolver bearings: Remove the resolver from the motor shaft and check if it is turning smoothly.
- Resolver and motor connections: Motor and resolver are connected correctly and clamps/plugs tightened?
- Motor windings: Disconnect the motor from the inverter and check the windings with an ohm meter (U-V,U-W,V-W). All values are equal?
- Output servo controller: Measure the inverter output voltage when it should run (U-V,U-W,V-W). If 0V and display shows „IMax“ maybe servo controller defective.