During production the canbodies face unequal body offset.
- Maintain the calibration crown according to the manual (Book 2; chapter 5.5.4.)
Important: All precalibration rollers must turn smoothly, not one should be blocked.
- Reset the calibration crown according Resetting of the tooling
- Guideline: The higher the production speed, the more difficult to control body offset issues!
- Tin deposit on z-bar grooves
- Rollforming not enough
- The setting of the first, second and probably third spring tensioned rollers before the diabolo roller crown may vary in setting.
- Basic setting – first, second and – depend on can height – also third rollers should have 0.10 mm movement.
- If the body offset still remain, start to undo all the nuts of the first pre-calibration rollers by a sixth turn, and so on.
- Check whether the Z-bar grooves are clean or full of tin/steel pick up:
- If the grooves are full, clean them by sandpaper 400 or higher. For better cleaning take off the lower welding arm completely. Switch off the chiller before start to dismantle!
- Check the insulation according manual – How to do an insulation check (yearly task)?
- Check whether the secondary circuit – lower arm side – is connected to ground by a separate green/yellow cable!