Welding dropouts / missing spots
Possible cause /checklist:
- Check all terminals at the Pacemaker board.
- wait for 5 minutes after switching off the unit
- Check welding sensor (position/exchange).
- Check the piece counter in the display. If more canbodies are counted, than there are physically – there is a problem with the welding sensor.
- Check the welding pressure: Is S31 always „ON“ (LED green) / Display > 30.0 daN!
- If the welding pressure is secured, you can bypass the signal with a trial jumper, see diagram page 2:
- a) remove and insulate terminal 5 of the PM.
- b) jumper terminal 1 > 5
Do this only for the trial, need to be reversed afterwards!
- Are the time settings t1 and t2 correct?
- Is the weld power limiter switched „ON“? Which mode is chosen? Glueing?
- If you can weld a canbody with only main current and the error occurs quiet often, you can try the following:
- a) remove the welding sensor.
- b) start production and cover the sensor by hand, as soon as canbodies are welded.
Important: Switch “OFF” the sensor before you open the welding pressure!
- Check if the wire has no dent’s (mechanical damage for example due to too big can gap).